The 504HealthNet invites qualified locally-based Business Development professionals to submit proposals for a short-term contractual relationship to develop a sustainability plan and conduct targeted fundraising and development work. The contract period of the professional service contract will be from October 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
The 504HealthNet seeks to achieve the following desired outcomes by working with this consultant:
– Align current Strategic Plan with a new Development Plan
– Increase donors through Digital Media Donor Program and Annual Giving Event
– Increase Board Engagement with organizational Brand Development
– Explore sustainable business models that are aligned with current Strategic Plan and shared service models
The 504HealthNet is a member association comprised of twenty-four non-profit and governmental organizations in the Greater New Orleans Area. Membership is open to those who provide primary care or behavioral health services in a community setting irrespective of the client’s ability to pay, with a special focus on low-income, under-insured and uninsured populations. Its members independently operate over 60 service locations across Orleans, St. Bernard, Jefferson, and Plaquemines parishes ranging from comprehensive adult and pediatric primary care and behavioral health to medical mobile units. Its mission is to improve access to healthcare for all constituents.
Funding for this development work is being provided by Community Catalyst under its Medicaid Initiatives: Strengthening Health Coverage and Access for Communities of Color, Children and Families.
Within the contract period, consultant will provide fundraising and development consulting services to the 504HealthNet Executive Director and Board of Directors. This does not include services directed towards individual members, rather services to the membership network. The 504HealthNet is seeking a consultant that is based in the Greater New Orleans Area. The Scope of Work will include the following deliverables:
1. Conduct a brief feasibility study to determine needs and the potential of development activities that could hold the most promise;
2. Based on the study, create a Development Plan that is aligned with the current 504HealthNet’s strategic plan and includes framework for: targeted fundraising activities, Digital Media Donor Program, Major Donor Prospecting and Development, Special Events, Board Engagement & Development, and Capital Campaign Plan
3. Initiate Public Relation activities with 504HealthNet Executive Director and Board Members that creates positive image and builds support for organization.
4. Develop and facilitate a session for Board Members regarding the importance of Board Engagement in Brand Development.
5. Presents final Development Plan to the 504HealthNet’s Board of Directors.
6. Consult with 504HealthNet Executive Director and Board’s Executive Committee
7. Participate in 504HealthNet meetings, upon requested by 504HealthNet.
8. Submit a written monthly summary report detailing action taken in completing deliverables.
9. Agree to contract terms that include conflict of interest and non-disclosure agreements.
10. Develop recommendations for a sustainable business model through services and programs for membership network incorporating access to health care for all sub-populations, children and family.
COMPENSATION & EXPENSES
The total amount for this contract is $15,000.
The proposed budget shall detail all costs: i.e. travel, and related incidental out-of-pocket expenses, if applicable. Contractor shall not be reimbursed or otherwise paid for indirect cost (i.e. office space rental, equipment purchases, phone services) that would reasonably be deemed the Contractor’s overhead expense. Hourly fees for proposed “team” members, expense reimbursement, and related additional costs should be included for information purposes only. A fixed monthly fee schedule is preferred, which includes all expenses including travel for the services outlined in RFP. Note: All funds must be spent by March 31, 2019 due to no extensions being allowed by the funder.
The organization’s billing method shall be followed, as directed by the 504HealthNet Executive Director, not to exceed one detailed invoice per month. The funder, Community Catalyst will pay the contractor directly for invoices submitted.
The 504HealthNet seeks brief proposals that provide sufficient information and needed detail for its selection committee to make a decision on what proposal will be selected for the contract. The selection committee will select one proposal to be recommended for approval by the 504HealthNet Board of Directors for contracting. The 504HealthNet reserves the right to ask for more information and possible interview during this process.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Each proposal must include the following to be considered:
Professional Service Narrative (maximum 5 pages, 12 pt. font, single spaced) that includes an overview of the proposer’s qualifications, expertise and capacity to meet the needs of the 504HealthNet, including special considerations and possible difficulties.
Narrative should include the following:
1. Cover letter to the attention of the Executive Director with the following information: Proposer’s name, email address, address, phone number, and services offered.
2. Explanation of qualifications, expertise and capacity needed to complete deliverables.
3. Brief outline of Proposer’s abilities and recent accomplishments. Proposal should attach resume(s) of principal development professional(s) to provide direct service for this project.
4. Overview of current Client List and services being provided with Client References (actual list can be included as an Attachment.)
5. Summary of existing relationships within the GNO area’s nonprofit and business sectors, local and state political officials, and foundation and corporate funders.
6. Explanation of your approach to creating Development Plans (i.e. data collection methods, evidence-based approaches, etc.).
7. Proposal should include clear details outlined in a Workplan with activities to accomplish deliverables, time frames, and related cost. Drafted Workplan should include timeline that concludes project by March 31, 2019. Final Workplan will be negotiated after selection and contracting processes are complete.
8. Proposal should include detailed budget on how consultant will expend funds. Budget should include hourly wage with projected hours to complete work or fixed cost budget that outlines cost per deliverable. No indirect cost will be provided, therefore administrative and travel cost should be built into the budget.
– Attachment 1: Resume (s) of person(s) proposed to provide services under this contract
– Attachment 2: Current Client List
– Attachment 3: Draft Workplan
– Attachment 4: Proposed Budget
(Note: Attachments are not included in the maximum 5-page limit.)
Please submit any questions with regards to this proposal to Tiffany Netters by 5 pm on September 12, 2018. Proposals should be submitted in electronic form in pdf format and will be accepted from September 5, 2018 to September 19, 2018. Proposals must be received by September 19, 2018 by 4:00 pm.
Submit your proposals for services outlined below to Tiffany Netters at TJNetters@504healthnet.org.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
In the event the Proposer is aware of any potential conflicts of interest, Proposer should state it within the Narrative. If selected, the Contractor shall immediately notify the 504HealthNet Executive Director, or designee, in writing, of any conflicts or potential conflicts between the
interest of the organization and the interests of other clients of the Contractor. Written notice may be in the form of an email notification. In the event the 504HealthNet becomes aware of any conflicts or potential conflicts between the interests of the organization and the interests of clients of the Contractor, the Executive Director, or designee, shall promptly notify the Contractor of such conflict. The 504HealthNet and the Contractor shall attempt to resolve any such conflict in a manner mutually acceptable to the organization and the Contractor. If the conflict cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the 504HealthNet, the organization reserves the right to procure these items/services from other vendors with an appropriate reduction to the Contractor’s fee(s).
BASIS FOR SELECTION AND AWARD OF AN AGREEMENT FOR SERVICES
The 504HealthNet will select and attempt to negotiate a mutually acceptable Agreement for Services with the selected contractor in an expedited manner. Successful proposals will meet the following criteria:
1. Submission of the necessary information and detail requested in this RFP by the deadline.
2. Address provided showing the principal consultant is based in the Greater New Orleans Area.
3. Effectively describes the level of qualifications, experience and record of success in similar projects.
4. Effectively describes the level of existing relationships as outlined above.
5. Provides sufficient information of current client list and services provided with client references.
6. Provides detailed workplan as outlined above.
7. Provides detailed information within proposed budget that includes acceptable costs to organization.
8. Includes information of any potential conflicts of interest and lawsuits.
COMMUNICATION & NOTIFICATION
All questions should be sent via email to Tiffany Netters at TJNetters@504HealthNet.org by September 12, 2018.
Notification of selected proposal will be sent via email on September 24, 2018.