504HelathNet is hiring an Executive Director who will be responsible for all administrative functions including but not limited to: monitoring of organizational goals and objectives; budgeting, fund development, and grants management; oversight of financials and billing; facilitation of Board activities and management of staff and contractors, as well as, the implementation of policies, programs and action plans to ensure consistency with the mission of 504HealthNet. This will be a contracted position.
About the Organization: 504HealthNet is a non-profit organization comprised of 27 community health service providers representing the primary care safety net for Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines Parishes. Together, we are working collaboratively to better meet the primary care and behavioral health needs of low-income, uninsured, and underinsured residents in the Greater New Orleans area. Learn more at www.504healthnet.org.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Fund Development
2) Community Relations & Marketing
3) Financial Planning and Management
4) Leadership & Advocacy
5) Human Resources & Management
6) Risk Management
7) Planning and Management
Ideal Candidate: The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong initiative who thrives in a fast-paced environment who is adept at creating plans from a strategic vision and working hard to ensure results and deliverables are achieved. She/He must be an independent, strategic thinker with strong analytical and organizational skills and a keen attention to detail. Candidate will possess the following skills and attributes: self-directed leader, extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to manage during a global public health crisis; capacity to develop a team to address the needs within the scope of the budget; established history of forging strategic partnerships and alliances; proven track record of raising funds; genuine interest in community health, health equity, social justice.
Qualifications: Comprehensive experience with community health, primary care/behavioral health, and/or social justice issues required. Candidates shall have a minimum of three to five years experience within a senior level position at a nonprofit/community-based organization. Candidate must have a proven track record with raising funds. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
To Apply: Please send you cover letter, resume, and list of three references to mgill@504HealthNet.org, Attention: 504HealthNet Executive Committee, and list Executive Director in the subject line. Deadline for submission is 4:00 pm on August 14, 2020.
504HealthNet is a nonprofit, community-based coalition committed to improving access to primary care and behavioral health services for all residents in the Greater New Orleans (GNO) region regardless of ability to pay. We are a member association comprised of 23 community health organizations that represents the safety-net for low-income, uninsured, and underinsured residents. These independent organizations operate over 70 clinic sites, serving over 175,000 patients. Over the past ten years, this collaborative has been crucial in promoting transformational, community-based care as well as working towards health equity in New Orleans. 504HealthNet’s mission is to improve health care access by supporting this coordinated network of healthcare providers. We do this by providing advocacy services, conducting and participating in community outreach activities, and offering training and quality improvement programs for members. Together we are increasing health care access for all New Orleanians.
- Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission by:
- Leading 504HealthNet in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Reporting to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout Louisiana.
- Being responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Overseeing the organization of bi-monthly board and committee meetings.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization and is responsible for:
- The fiscal integrity of 504HealthNet, to include the development of and submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- This position will also review and approve contracts for services.
- Grant writing and developing other resources necessary to support the mission of 504HealthNet.
- Manage and build funder and donor relationships to secure diverse financial resources and meet budgetary priorities
- Identify sustainable financial solutions for the organization through shared membership business models and member needs assessments.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsibilities include:
- The implementation of 504HealthNet’s three program areas: advocacy, outreach, and member services.
- Strategic planning to ensure that 504HealthNet can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- The enhancement of 504HealthNet’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Serving as 504HealthNet’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Seeking out and creating opportunities to connect and build alliances and solidarity toward the mission of 504HealthNet.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate through:
- Effective administration of 504HealthNet operations including establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- The hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Work with staff to ensure grant process aligns with the organization’s overall goals and specific targets.
- Overseeing marketing and other communications efforts.
- Maintaining official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Health Policy. Develops and implements the health policy agenda determined by the Board of Directors to improve healthcare access and protect health insurance coverage.
- Updates the board regarding current legislative issues.
- Coordinates a coalition of stakeholders to protect and improve health insurance coverage.
- Prepares talking points, one-pagers, flyers and power points about current health policy topics affecting the members and low-income populations.
- Provides public testimony at the Louisiana state legislature when necessary.
- Works with the contracted lobbyist to further policy goals.
- Educates local, state and national elected officials regarding pertinent health policy topics affecting the members and low-income residents in the New Orleans area.
- Advocates for healthcare access for all residents, regardless of ability to pay.
- Collaborates with the Louisiana Department of Health to improve the Medicaid program and provide feedback.
- Serves as a media contact for primary care and health insurance issues.
- Other job duties as required.
- Education requirements: minimum 4 years of college; advanced degree preferred.
- Between 6-8 years of experience in health policy, primary care and behavioral health services, public health, healthcare administration and/or non-profit management including grant writing and financial leadership.
- Experience working in and running non-profits preferred but not required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to develop and lead collaborations of diverse organizations and professionals.
Strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Detailed knowledge of the healthcare landscape in the GNO region with a focus on primary care and behavioral health services.
- Full comprehension of the Louisiana Medicaid program.
- Critical thinking and the ability to use independent judgement to manage and impart confidential information.
- Strong management skills and the ability to develop and grow coalitions
- Knowledge of FQHCs and the continuum of care.
- Ability to develop lasting, professional, relationships with industry contacts and community members.
- Must be able to work with diverse professionals and community members.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write and secure grants.
- Experience maintaining a dynamic calendar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with a focus on Excel and Word.
- Must have ability to relate to all persons and provide guidance and training to staff.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regular attendance and punctuality as well as the ability to schedule work production to meet timeliness.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Some weekends required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary. The annual gross starting salary range is $85,000 – $110,000 paid in semi-monthly installments via direct deposit. The offer may include a sign-on bonus of $5,000 – distributed equally across quarters for the first year.
Annual bonus. The annual bonus is associated with the performance evaluation of up to 12% of the base salary. This is subject to change based on available budget.
- Factors for consideration: Annual goals and objectives will be developed in collaboration with Executive Director and board leadership.
Annual merit increase. The ED will be eligible for up to a 3% annual increase based on base salary, annual performance review scores and dependent on the budget.